Last Updated: 23 April, 2013
This Policy applies to all Users of the Services. The term "User" encompasses both those advertising land for rent (hereinafter "Landowners") and those seeking to rent land (hereinafter "Operators").
We urge you to read this Policy carefully and to check back periodically as this Policy may change from time to time. Please note that this Policy does not apply to the practices of companies, web sites, or services which are not owned or controlled by RTL.com.
1. Information Collected
(1) In the course of operating the Services, we may collect two types of information about our Users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
(2) "Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, financial information, and personal e-mail address. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for the Services. With respect to Personal Information, a name, address, phone number and email address are required when registering for the Services. Any additional Personal Information provided by you is provided at your own discretion. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our representatives in connection with the Services or any other RTL.com service, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including Personal Information, so that we may fully address the subject matter of your contact.
(3) RTL.com uses PSIGate - as a merchant services and payment gateway provider in order to process payments associated with the Services. Accordingly, you will be required to provide credit card information to PSIGate (i) as an Operator in order to make an offer to rent land, and (ii) as a Landowner in order to view offers made by Operators. Please note that RTL.com does not store credit card numbers in our database, and RTL.com does not have access to your full credit number at any time. For further information about PSIGate's privacy policies please see the following: http://www.psigate.com/pages/privacy.asp.
(4) Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
(5) "Non-Personal Information" is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address ("IP Address"), the domain used to access the Services, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g., average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on the Site, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
(6) "Non-Personal Information" is collected or derived by us in the course of operating the Services. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit the Site. Non-Personal Information is used by RTL.com to assist in verifying that the Terms and Services applicable to the access and use of the Services are not being circumvented, and in order to analyze use of the Site, the Services, to troubleshoot problems, and to improve service.
2. Use of Personal Information
Personal Information may be used by RTL.com for the following purposes:
(1) Providing you with the Services and information you have requested. Personal Information provided by Users is included in our database. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements, or similar notices related to the Services.
(2) Operators hereby understand and acknowledge that Personal Information provided for use in the RTL.com database can be accessed, used, and stored by Landowners in the event that you have placed an offer on a piece of land, and the Landowner decides to move forward with the offer process as outlined in the following how-to section. Similarly, Landowners hereby understand and acknowledge that Users will have access to any Personal Information that has been included in connection with the land posted in RTL.com's searchable database. All Users hereby understand and acknowledge that their Personal Information may be accessed by a party in a country that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of Personal Information. By providing your Personal Information for inclusion in the database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described herein. While RTL.com takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, RTL.com does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for the use of Personal Information that you include in your profile during registration by these third parties. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not include sensitive information, or information that you would otherwise not wish to become public to during the registration process.
(3) We also use Personal Information to send Users promotional notices regarding RTL.com news, additional services offered by RTL.com, security updates, or new features that have been added to the Services. You may opt-out of future communications as part of the registration process, by contacting an RTL.com employee or service representative, or by following the instructions included as part of the communication.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as outlined in Section 2 of this Policy, we will not disclose, sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
(a) where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
(b) who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the Services. RTL.com takes reasonable steps to ensure that such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the Services;
(c) as may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Services, to facilitate the provision of such Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements; or
(d) as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
4. Links to Other Sites and Advertisements
The Site or the Services may contain links to other web sites and services. While we try to link only to sites and services that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other companies or web sites. This Policy applies only to the Site and the Services.
(1) The security of your Personal Information is important to us. RTL.com takes technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We instruct our employees with access to your Personal Information that it is to be used only in adherence with the principles set forth in this Policy.
(2) You can help protect the security of your Personal Information as well. For instance, never give out your password to others, since this is what is used to access your account or registration information. Also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using the Services or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
RTL.com may from time to time change its Policy. Changes will be effective when notice of such change is posted at the Site. Please check this Policy regularly for updates by checking the date of "Last Update" at the top of this document.
7. Accessing and Changing Account/Registration Information
(1) RTL.com provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete any account or registration information you may have provided to us at any time on your own by going to the appropriate page in your profile or as part of the registration section of the Site, and changing or deleting such information as desired.
(2) If you are unsure whether we have a record containing any of your Personal Information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please send an e-mail to our Privacy Manager at email@example.com, indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
(3) If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
8. Questions, Comments or Suggestions
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this Policy or RTL.com's privacy practices that were not answered here, send our Privacy Manager an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.